CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Beautiful weather is expected across the Coastal Bend, providing ideal conditions to enjoy a variety of different fun events across the area.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Tamale Fest: Masa fans unite! There will be some delicious things to eat at the annual festival in downtown Corpus Christi on Saturday, continuing from noon until 10 p.m.
- New disc golf course: Get your Frisbees ready as Aransas County’s newest attraction opens at 10 a.m. at Memorial Park in Rockport. The nine-hole course, located at the south front of the park nestled among some shady oak trees near the soccer fields and walking paths there. The course will be open and free for participants.
- Battle of the Vets: Veterans Memorial High School will hook up with San Antonio Veterans Memorial in a second-round high-school football playoff game at 2 p.m. Saturday at Buc Stadium. The winner gets Miller in the third round next week.
- Run the Runway at CCIA: Ready, set, takeoff at the annual 5K on one of the airport’s runways. It starts at 8 a.m. with all proceeds from the event benefiting USO South Texas.
- Grab your grubstake: The Ranch Hand Weekend celebration takes place Friday through Sunday at Kingsville, beginning with the lighting of the Downtown Christmas Tree and lighting of buildings tonight. Hot breakfasts will be available from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. to King Ranch on Saturday. Mark Chestnutt will appear in a concert Saturday night at the JK Northway Exposition Center. And on Sunday, the Cowboy Church will be at the same location.
- Vino time: Get ready for some wine tasting, shopping, sopping and entertainment Saturday at Heritage Park. You're welcome to bring a blanket or lawn chair to enjoy the music as you sip a cold beverage or two.