CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — JCPenney will re-open more stores on Wednesday including the one located in the La Palmera shopping mall. According to Businesswire.com, JCPenney will re-open 34 Texas stores after temporarily closing due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Stores will be fully open with limited hours and more protective measures to hinder the spread of the virus. Some of the precautions the company is taking include:
- Contact-free curbside pickup
- Diligent cleaning of the store throughout the day
- Social distancing procedures in place, with reminders throughout the store
- Contactless checkout
- Masks provided to each associate
- Extended return policy and a longer time window to use customer rewards
- Plexiglass shields at open registers
- Associate training on safety practices
- Temporarily reduced store hours:
- Monday – Saturday from noon to 7 p.m.
- Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
J.C. Penney filed for bankruptcy reorganization on Friday. The department store said Monday that it plans to close about 192 stores by February 2021.