Whataburger has opened select dining rooms, with restrictions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
"Over the last few months, we’ve remained steadfast in our commitment to the safety of our employees or and our customers, and that isn’t going to change," said the Whataburger website.
A limited number of dining rooms have opened in places where state and local restrictions have been lifted. The select dining rooms do have restrictions.
"We have teams working around-the-clock taking every possible precaution into consideration, including implementing additional safety and sanitation measures, before reopening any of our restaurants."
Here are the new pandemic related measures according to Whataburger's website:
- Only allowing 50 percent capacity inside our dining room at a time with designated entries and exits.
- Following continued use of daily wellness and temperature checks, all Whataburger employees are required to double hand wash, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer, and change gloves at least every 30 minutes.
- All employees are also required to complete a comprehensive food handling and safety course.
- Whenever possible, employees should serve guests from the recommended 6-foot distance, including interacting using hand gestures, such as a thumbs-up, to provide the same great Whataburger dining experience.
- Public drinks stations will be closed to help avoid employees and customers gathering in clusters. Customers looking for a refill will be provided with a new cup.
- Whataburger will continue using single-use silverware and condiments, along with disposable cups, plates, and napkins.
- Strict sanitizing protocols are in place for all high-touchpoint areas, as well as counters and utensils.
- Some seats and booths will be marked off to adhere to social distancing protocols.
- All restaurants have added social distancing floor stickers and hand sanitizing stations.
You can find out if the Whataburger near you has opened their dining room here. There are over 30 Whataburger locations in the Corpus Christi area.
Customers can still pick up their Whataburger favorites through the drive-thru, curbside pickup, or delivery at participating locations.