Do you plan on voting in the midterm elections? Tomorrow, Oct. 9, is the last day to register to vote in Texas to be eligible to vote on Nov. 6.
Residents may register to vote in person at the Nueces County Voter Registrar’s Office at 901 Leopard Street.
You are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 17 years and 10 months old, and you are 18 years of age on
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
If you are not sure if you are registered to vote, you can check your status on the Texas Secretary of State website here.
If you have recently moved within the county, you need to notify the voter registrar in writing of your new address. If you moved to another county, you MUST re-register.
You must have an acceptable form of identification in order to vote in person. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
- United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s photograph
- United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States Passport (book or card)
With the exception of the U.S. Citizenship Certificate, which does not expire, for voters aged 18-69, the acceptable form of photo identification may be expired no more than four years before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place. For voters aged 70 or older, the acceptable form of photo identification may be expired for any length of time if the identification is otherwise valid.
Early voting begins Oct. 22 and ends on Nov. 2. You may vote at any polling place during early voting. Click the link below for a full list of early voting locations.
General Election Day is Nov. 6. Registered voters will be able to cast their Election Day ballot at any of these vote centers from 7:00 a.m – 7:00 p.m. Click the link below for a full list of Election Day voting locations.
View the sample ballot below before heading to the polls to be ready to cast your ballot.
Rideshare apps Uber and Lyft have announced plans to offer free and discounted rides to the polls on Nov. 6.
On Tuesday, November 6, anyone in the U.S. will be able to find their polling place and book a ride to go vote with just a few taps in the Uber app.
Lyft is offering 50% off promo codes to encourage voter turnout.
Tune in to KRIS 6 on-air and online on Election Day for up-to-the-minute updates on all races.