NewsLocal News


Woman burned in Sutton Lane fire remains hospitalized

Posted at 3:11 PM, Jun 27, 2022
and last updated 2022-06-27 16:13:39-04

A woman who was severely burned during a house fire on June 15 remains in critical condition in a San Antonio burn unit.

Elizabeth Oliveira and her son were in their Sutton Lane home when it caught fire.

An off-duty firefighter was able to rescue her son, but the flames kept him from going into the burning home to rescue her.

An overheated electrical extension cord is believed to have started the blaze.