CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Corpus Christi Parks and Recreations Department want you to know that the deadline to pre-register your kids for the 2020 Latchkey After School Program is approaching.
The Latchkey program provides affordable child care for students by trained professionals.
"The convenience, safety, trained staff, and state monitoring are a few key components of the program which parents seek,"their press release says, "The program hours and on-site care are designed to meet the need of working parents’ busy schedules."
The Corpus Christi Park's and Rec Department wants parents to trust their program as a nourishing environment in an after school setting.
"All our staff are certified in CPR and First Aid, as well as, are energetic and enthusiastic in engaging children in age-appropriate activities," their press release says, "like recreation and fitness skills which help to build self-confidence. And parents can rest assured that the program is licensed by the Texas Health and Human Services."
Corpus Christi, Calallen, and Flour Bluff Independent School Districts will be a part of next years program, Monday through Friday from 3 pm to 6 pm during the school year.
Here is a breakdown of the on site pre-registration schedule:
· Friday, August 2, from 8am–6pm at Wood River Elementary, 15118 Dry Creek Drive
Flour Bluff ISD:
· Tuesday, August 6, from 12pm–7pm at Flour Bluff High School, 2505 Waldron Road
· Wednesday, August 7, from 7am–3:30pm at Flour Bluff High School
Corpus Christi ISD:
· Friday, August 9, from 8am–6pm at each campus (see below for the list of registration sites)
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PARENTS: Since registration for the Latchkey After School Program will not be offered on the first day of school, it is very important that all children be pre-registered. This is required if parents want their children to participate on the first day of school.
CCISD PRE-REGISTRATION SITES:
Corpus Christi ISD:
· Barnes Elementary, 2829 Oso Parkway (78414)
· Berlanga Elementary, 4120 Carroll Lane (78411)
· Calk-Wilson Elementary, 3925 Fort Worth Street (78411)
· Club Estates Elementary, 5222 Merganser Drive (78413)
· Dawson Elementary, 6821 Sanders Drive (78413)
· Galvan Elementary, 3126 Masterson Drive (78415)
· Garcia Elementary, 1945 Gollihar Road (78416)
· Hicks Elementary, 3602 McArdle Road (78415)
· Houston Elementary, 363 Norton Street (78415)
· Jones Elementary, 7533 Lipes Boulevard (78413)
· Kolda Elementary, 3730 Rodd Field Road (78414)
· Meadowbrook Elementary, 901 Meadowbrook Drive (78412)
· Menger Elementary, 2401 S. Alameda Street (78404)
· Metro-E, 1707 Ayers Street (78404)
· Mireles Elementary, 7658 Cimarron Boulevard (78414)
· Montclair Elementary, 5241 Kentner Street (78412)
· Moore Elementary, 6121 Durant Drive (78414)
· Sanders Elementary, 4102 Republic Drive (78413)
· Schanen Elementary, 5717 Killarmet Drive (78413)
· Smith Elementary, 6902 Williams Drive (78412)
· Webb Elementary, 6953 Boardwalk Avenue (78414)
· Woodlawn Elementary, 1110 Woodlawn Drive (78412)
· Yeager Elementary, 5414 Tripoli Drive (78411)
· Corpus Christi ISD: $60/child due at time of registration.
· Flour Bluff ISD: $50/child due at time of registration.
· Calallen ISD: $99/child due at time of registration.
· Check or money order only.
· Tuition assistance is available for qualified participants.
Starting September 2019: (due on the first of each month)
· Corpus Christi ISD: $109/month/first child, $94/month/each additional child.
· Flour Bluff and Calallen ISD: $99/month/first child, $84/month/each additional child.