NewsLocal News

Actions

Small fire damages mobile home

Overheated battery charger blamed for blaze
Refugio Structure Fire November 26, 2020.jpg
Posted at 12:04 PM, Nov 27, 2020
and last updated 2020-11-27 13:07:01-05

REFUGIO, Texas — Refugio Volunteer Fire Department officials were investigating an overnight mobile home fire there.

KRIS 6 News was told the fire started in the bathroom of the mobile home. Crews quick were able to extinguish the blaze.

Refugio fire officials said the blaze appears to have started when a battery charger overheated.

The fire produced some heat and smoke damage throughout the dwelling.