NewsLocal News

Actions

Overloaded power strips caused Valentine's Day fire

Valentine's Day Fire
Posted at 7:18 PM, Feb 20, 2020
and last updated 2020-02-20 20:19:53-05

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — We now know what caused a house fire on Valentine's Day that took the life of a 93-year old woman.

Fire investigators say two overloaded power strips started that fire that killed Lorene Hill who was trapped inside her burning house.

Investigators say those power strips were under the victim's bed and simply overheated.

Her neighbors in the Molina neighborhood tried to rescue her but they were driven back by the intense smoke and flames.