NewsLocal News

Actions

Motor overheats and causes small fire at cotton gin plant

COTTON GIN FIRE 10192020.JPG
Posted at 7:07 AM, Oct 19, 2020
and last updated 2020-10-19 22:33:23-04

CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS — A nearby cotton gin had to be evacuated due to a fire.

The incident happened at the Coastal Bend Gin Company on Farm Market 43.

When firefighters arrived, they saw employees had already evacuated the building.

Fire investigators believe a motor overheated and the flames had spread to some cotton.

Fire crews were able to put out the fire in half an hour.

There were no injuries in the incident.