NewsLocal News

Actions

Lawsuit filed by former priests dismissed

Diocese
Posted at 4:10 PM, Aug 07, 2019
and last updated 2019-08-07 18:27:48-04

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A lawsuit filed by two former priests earlier this year against the Diocese of Corpus Christi and Bishop Michael Mulvey has been dismissed.

It was filed by Fr. John Feminelli and Msgr. Michael Heras.

No reason was given for the lawsuit's dismissal.

The attorney for the two men says he plans to appeal the dismissal.

The mens' names appeared in a list released by the diocese in January that identified 26 clerics the diocese said had credibly been accused of sexually abusing a minor.