CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — As always, it should be a busy holiday weekend across the Coastal Bend. And with Christmas just around the corner, more things to do are readily available.
Here’s a six-pack of our favorite events, some holiday-related and others not.
- Farm-fresh food for your holiday: The Coastal Bend Farmers Market will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at 1305 Airline Road. Various vendors will be present to offer the freshest in fruits and vegetables, along with beauty products and craft vendors. For more information check here.
- So much to be thankful for: The annual H-E-B Feast of Sharing holiday dinner will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the American Bank Center, 1901 N. Shoreline Blvd. In addition to a delicious free holiday meal, there will be music, arts and crafts and various activities to occupy the kiddos. And don’t be surprised if jolly ol’ St. Nick shows up, too. Follow this link for more information.
- Magic for a great cause – A tribute for the late local musician Val Dino will be at held at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the Aurora Arts Theatre, 5635 Everhart Road. Cost is free but contributions will be accepted to benefit the family of the late magician, who was killed in a car crash in November in San Marcos. For more information, follow this link.
- Harry Potter fans unite: La Retama Central Library will be holding its Hogwarts Yule Ball from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday at 805 Comanche St. Among the events will include a costume contest, photo booth and other holiday-related themes. There will be a live DJ and those in costume and formal ware are encouraged to attend. The event is for those 13 years and up and it’s all free. For more information check out their Facebook page or call 361-826-7055.
- Celebration at Candy Cane Lane: Corpus Christi's most iconic Christmas-themed light show will hold its annual holiday celebration from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday along Donegal Drive. The Claus family will be present for pictures and the Salvation Army will be providing free hot beverages and cookies. For more information, check out the Candy Cane Lane Facebook page.
- Will Ralphie get his gun? The Aurora Arts Theatre will present its time “A Christmas Story” on Fridays and Saturdays through Dec. 29 at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2:30 p.m. Cost is $17 for general admission seats with discounted tickets for seniors, students, the military and children at the box office. Check the theatre's show webpage for more information.