CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS — Road contractors say they will be implementing Phase 3 of the Everhart Road improvement project on Wednesday, August 5, 2020.
They said they're finishing improvements along the east side of the Everhart Road Project between Curtis Clark Drive and Corona Drive.
Construction plans stated as part of Phase 3, the northbound and southbound traffic will be transitioned to the newly constructed concrete street segment, on the east side, between Holly Road and Bonner Drive.
Message boards have been put in place notifying the public of the upcoming traffic switch.
In addition to the traffic switch, motorists should expect the following lane closures:
- Everhart Road will remain reduced to one-lane, in each direction, between Corona Drive and Holly Road.
- Southbound traffic, between SPID and Corona Drive will remain reduced to one lane approaching the intersection at Corona Drive.
- The east side of Everhart Road (northbound lanes) will be remain closed to complete reconstruction from Curtis Clark Drive to Corona Drive (Phase 2).
- The west side of Everhart Road (southbound lanes) will be closed for reconstruction from Holly Road to Bonner Drive for construction (Begins Wednesday, August 5).
- Traffic switch to the newly constructed concrete pavement section will occur between Bonner Drive and Curtis Clark Drive.
- Left turns from southbound Everhart Road will still be restricted at Holly Road, Bonner Drive, and Curtis Clark Drive.
- Left turns from northbound Everhart Road will be restricted at Bonner Drive, Curtis Clark Drive, and Corona Drive.
- Sidewalks will continue to be closed along Phase 2 until the completion of the phase.
- Sidewalks will be closed within the limits of Phase 3 until the completion of the phase.