CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Del Mar College is partnering with the South Texas Family Planning & Health Corporation to offer free vaccines to current and incoming students starting August 14 at the DMC East Campus.
The clinics will offer the following vaccines: Meningitis, TDaP, Hepatitis A&B, HPV, and COVID-19 (August 21 only).
While the COVID-19 vaccine is not required to attend school, it is highly encouraged. Meningitis vaccines are required for all new students age 21 or younger as mandated by Texas Senate Bill 62.
The schedule of clinics provided by Del Mar College is listed below:
- Saturday, Aug. 14, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 21, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (COVID-19 vaccine available this date only)
- Tuesday, Aug. 24, from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 25, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 28, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
*The CDC recently updated changes to their COVID-19 vaccine protocols, and as of July 16, COVID-19 vaccines can now be administered simultaneously with other vaccines. Before the update, COVID-19 vaccines had to be taken alone, and 14 days had to pass before one could receive any other type of vaccine.