The Traffic Engineering office in Corpus Christi is advising citizens to look out for these road closures forthe 44th annual Beach to Bay Marathon.
The closures will start at 4 am on Saturday, May 18 and will be re-opened immediately after the race. According to the City:
- Southbound Park Road 22, between the JFK Causeway Bridge and Access Road 5, will be reduced to one lane.
- Northbound Park Road 22, approaching the JFK Causeway Bridge and over the bridge, will be reduced to one lane.
- Northbound Park Road 22, between the JFK Causeway Bridge and the Waldron Road Exit, the shoulder will be closed. During this time the Waldron Road Exit will also be closed.
- Waldron Road, between Northbound SPID Frontage Road and Naval Air Station Drive, will be closed.
- Northbound NAS Drive, between Waldron Road and Corpus Christi South Gate, the shoulder will be closed.
- Northbound Ocean Drive between Sand Dollar Boulevard and Buford Street will be reduced to one lane.
- Northbound and southbound Shoreline Boulevard, between Buford Street Coopers Alley, will be closed until after the event.
- Some side streets along the route will be closed.
The city reminds drivers to seek alternate routes or prepare for delays.
For more information, please visit www.beachtobayrelay.com or contact Traffic Engineering at 826-3547.