Sunday in the Coastal Bend
FREESunday afternoon starting seeds in our hoop house and direct sowing seeds in prepared beds. Come on out and gets some hands in the dirt learning with experienced growers in an urban community garden in zone 9B.
Posted by GROW Local South Texas on Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Not everyone has a green thumb, but hands-on planting experience can help even the most amateur of gardeners.
The event is free and open to anyone interested in getting some experienced training on urban community gardening in zone 9B.
Every plant has its season, so here is the planting schedule according to theirFacebook event:
- Beans: Mid February – Early April
- Carrots: January – Mid February
- Chard: Mid February – Early May
- Broccoli/Kale/Spinach: January – Early March
- Squash (Summer & Winter): Mid February – Mid April
- Radishes/White Turnips*: Mid February – Early April
- Melons: Late February – Late April
- Okra: March – Late July
- Pumpkin: Mid March-Mid May
- Cucumber: Mid February – Early April
- Corn: Mid February – Mid March
Don’t miss out on this fantastic growth opportunity.
Lazy Beach Brewing is hosting a beach cleanup at JP Luby Beach?… Hold my beer…
This Sunday at 3 pm, the folks over at Lazy Beach Brewing want the community to show up and help clean up our beautiful coast.
According to their event pages, starting at mile marker 200, they plan on cleaning up one mile of the beach so trash bags, gloves, water, and high fives will be provided for all who attend.
This will be a family friendly event so responsible drinking will be permitted, provided you are using a beach-friendly cup. Also, close-toed shoes, hat, and sunscreen are highly recommended.
Check out these hashtags for updates throughout the day.
More Sunday Events: