Road closures have been announced by the City of Corpus Christi for next week.
Here’s a list of the new and existing projects.
New – Shoreline Boulevard/Ocean Drive (Contractor)
Beginning Tuesday through Thursday, the following traffic control plan will be implanted on Shoreline Boulevard and Ocean Drive between Buford Street and Louisiana Avenue: The inner northbound or southbound lanes will be closed to traffic while contractors work on the road median.
New – North Beach Area Road Improvements & Area Beautification (Bond 2012)
Beginning Thursday, the following traffic control plan will be implemented on North Beach: North Shoreline Boulevard: Closure of the right, northbound lane between Pearl Avenue and Breakwater Avenue for initial demolition work. Once the demolition work is complete, traffic will be reduced along to one lane along North Shoreline Boulevard from Pearl Avenue to Coastal Avenue. Parking for businesses is available along Surfside Boulevard.
New – Everhart Road at Middlecoff Road (Contractor)
On Thursday, weather permitting, contractors will be doing utility work on Everhart Road at the Middlecoff Road intersection. During this period, eastbound Everhart Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic.
New – Nile Drive and Aswan Drive (Contractor)
On Thursday, weather permitting, contractors will be doing utility work on Nile Drive between the Aswan Drive intersections. As this is ongoing, eastbound Nile will be reduced to one lane of traffic.
New – South Alameda Street (Contractor)
From Monday through Feb. 1, weather permitting contractors will be installing new sidewalks for the new CCISD elementary school near the Sheridan Street intersection. During this time, southbound Alameda Street will continue to be reduced to one lane of traffic.
New – Frio Street
On Tuesday, weather permitting, contractors will be doing soil testing on Frio Street between Greenwood Boulevard and Martin Street. During this work period, Frio Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic. Flaggers will be available to assist motorists through the work zone.
New – Swantner Street (Contractor)
On Thursday, weather permitting, contractors will be doing soil testing on Swantner Street between Indiana Avenue and Texan Trail. During this work period, Swantner Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic. Flaggers will be available to assist motorists through the work zone.
Old Robstown Road (Bond 2014)
Starting Dec. 28, 2018, and continuing indefinitely, the following traffic switch will be implemented: Southbound Old Robstown Road will be switched from the east side to the west side, onto the newly paved southbound lane. Traffic will remain southbound as one-lane, one-way traffic.
Staples Street – Kostoryz Road to Brawner Parkway (Bond 2012)
Contractors have switched traffic to the newly constructed pavement on the south side of Staples Street between Carroll Lane and Brawner Parkway.
Laguna Shores Road (IDIQ)
Beginning Nov. 26, 2018, and continuing for six weeks; the following traffic control changes will begin on Laguna Shores Road:
- Phase I: Laguna Shores Road will be closed to traffic between Graham Road and Knickerbocker Street. Northbound Laguna Shores Road traffic will be detoured onto westbound Graham Road onto northbound Waldon Road to Knickerbocker Street.
- Phase II: Laguna Shores Road will be closed to traffic between Knickerbocker Street and South Padre Island Drive. Northbound Laguna Shores Road traffic will be detoured onto westbound Knickerbocker Street onto northbound Waldon Road to South Padre Island Drive.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Beginning Nov. 8, 2018, and continuing indefinitely, the following traffic control changes will begin on Yorktown Boulevard:
- Eastbound Yorktown Boulevard will switch to the newly constructed pavement between Oso Parkway and Everhart Road from the current Oso Parkway detour.
- Eastbound Yorktown Boulevard will be reduced to one thru lane, and one right turn only lane at Thundersee Drive.
- Westbound Yorktown Boulevard, will switch through the Everhart Road intersection on the southside and shift onto the newly constructed pavement on the north side at Thundersee Drive.
- The crossover at Yorktown Boulevard and Thundersee Drive will be closed during this phase of construction.
Brock Drive (RSRP)
Brock Drive is closed to thru traffic between Lambert Drive and Gollihar Road. Gollihar Road and Brock Drive are closed to all traffic.
Bolivar Street (RSRP)
Bolivar Street is closed to thru traffic between Sarita and David streets. At Sarita Street, Bolivar Street will be closed to all traffic. Local residential traffic will be allowed through Niagara Street.
The southbound lanes on Alameda Street from Everhart Road to Sheridan Drive will be closed. There will only be one lane of traffic in each direction on the north side of Alameda Street.
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane one-way traffic will be switched to the opposite direction, from southbound to northbound, between McArdle Road and Gollihar Road. Traffic will also be switched to the newly constructed roadway during this time.
Six Points Area (Alameda, and Ayers Bond Projects)
The following traffic control plan is in the Six Points area:
- Alameda Street: Alameda Street, between Louisiana Avenue and Cole Street, is ONE-WAY northbound. Southbound Alameda Street is CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC at the Ayers Street/Staples Street intersection.
- Ayers Street: Traffic Ayers Street traffic is converted to one-way eastbound lane from Staples Street to Santa Fe Street.
Corona Drive (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented on Corona Drive:
- Eastbound one-way traffic on Corona Drive will shift to the newly constructed pavement on the north side of Corona Drive starting at Flynn Parkway to Embassy Drive.
The newly constructed Flynn Parkway/Tiger Lane/Corona Drive intersection will be open to all traffic. Corona Drive will remain one-way to eastbound traffic between Flynn Parkway and Everhart Road.
For a map of the Citywide Active Street Improvement Projects, please visit this link.