Christus Spohn todayawarded more than $260,000 to local charitable groups.
This morning, Christus Spohn presented checks to six groups who help the community.
* Corpus Christi Hope House, Inc received $15,000.
* Corpus Christi Pregnancy Center received $15,000.
* Nueces County Family Drug Treatment Court Advisory Committee, Inc. Received $59,812.
* Mary Mcleod Bethune Early Child Development Nursery received $25,000.
* Mission of Mercy received $75,000.
* YWCA received $71,128.
Christus Spohn announced it was awarding the money to the Mary Mcleod Bethune Early Child Development Nursery because it provides childcare to parents who are homeless or living in poverty.
Mission of Mercy received the largest award of $75,000. They provide free medical care and help people with affordable prescriptions.
Mission of Mercy Executive Director Sherry Bowers said she was grateful for the money. “Without their support of their generous donations and more so their in-kind support of lab work blood work, we would not be able to provide patients across the Coastal Bend. They provide over $5.4 million in in-kind services to Mission of Mercy.”