One local man is trying to recover from COVID-19 after being exposed.
Derek Galvan, thinks he caught it after being exposed by a friend, and now his girlfriend also is being tested for it.
He said, at first, he thought he had bad allergies. But over time his symptoms became worse.
"More fatigue setting in, shortness of breath, even chatting right now I feel a little exhausted chatting, which is kind of weird," he said.
Last Thursday, Galvan received his results, showing he had COVID-19.
He immediately took to Facebook to remind others of the precautions everyone can take.
Currently, Galvan lives with his girlfriend, Sara Rojas. Immediately, she wanted to get tested. She said when she first called, she couldn't get in until July 9.
"That is really the concern also, you just, you're scared you don't know when you're gonna be able to get tested," she said.
Luckily, she was able to make it in, but she said it can be difficult for others to get tested when the testing itself costs over $100 without insurance.
"All of these concerns now popping up because people were told you can go out, and go do all of the things like normal, but be safe," Rojas said, "You know -- you still are at risk."
Both Galvan and Rojas believe the general public need to be more aware of their surroundings and be cautious for others not just themselves.
"Common courtesy; I think just in general, and it should just be practiced on a normal basis," said Galvan.
They believe practicing precautions and constantly wearing a mask while not at home is necessary.
"If you don't know that you're sick, or if you know that you are sick, just do the right thing. Be courteous, wear your mask, wash your hands."