CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Corpus Christi - Nueces County Public Health District has confirmed more COVID-19 related deaths Sunday night, on top of the one reported Sunday afternoon.
Sunday's Nueces county death count, which adds up to four, breaks yesterday's single-day record of three reported deaths in one day.
The total of deaths related to COVID-19 in Nueces county is now 17.
Demographic information about the three new deaths has not been released yet.
Local health officials recommend following these basic practices to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus.
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Wear a mask when in public and practice social distancing
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Disinfect frequently touched areas at home and at work