KINGSVILLE, Texas — Kleberg County Judge Rudy Madrid and the City of Kingsville Mayor Sam Fugate received confirmation from the Texas Department of State Health Services, Region 11 of one additional COVID-19 case in our community.
This newly confirmed case involves a middle-aged woman who tested positive for COVID-19 at a local area facility. She currently is in quarantine and receiving medical treatment.
This case is currently under investigation and medical professionals are working to determine if this is a community spread case or if there have been any recent visitors or out of town travel.
The Texas Department of State Health Services are now working in partnership with the woman to conduct contact tracing to limit further transmission.
If any community members had contact with this woman, they will be directly notified by Region 11 Department of State Health Services Personnel.
There have been nine confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in Kleberg County, one of those cases has become deadly and the remaining eight cases remain in quarantine and under close supervision of the Texas Department of State Health Services medical staff.
None of the confirmed cases have resulted in a negative follow up test.
At least two cases are community spread. Kleberg County cases confirmed to date are:
• MARCH 27, 2020: A middle-aged man, travel related. Died of COVID-19 complications April 13, 2020.
• APRIL 3, 2020: An elderly man, community spread; had contact with out of town visitors.
• APRIL 15, 2020: A middle-aged woman, community spread; had contact with out of town visitors.
• APRIL 16, 2020: A middle-aged woman, community spread; had contact with out of town visitors.
• APRIL 16, 2020: A middle-aged man, community spread.
• APRIL 18, 2020: A middle-aged woman, travel related.
• APRIL 21, 2020: A young woman, travel related.
• APRIL 24, 2020: A middle-aged woman, community spread.
• APRIL 27, 2020: A middle-aged woman, transmission under investigation.
Stay-At-Home orders for both Kleberg County and the City of Kingsville remain in effect through April 30, 2020.
Please follow all orders closely to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
You may get the most up-to-date and accurate information on the official Kleberg County Facebook page @KlebergCountyCC and the official City of Kingsville Facebook page