CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Diocese of Corpus Christi has canceled all masses for at least two weeks amid coronavirus concerns.
Bishop Michael Mulvey said the cancellations begin at 7 p.m. Wednesday. It is expected to last until at least March 31.
The bishop previously dispensed the obligation of a Sunday Mass for all on Tuesday.
The diocese says funeral masses still will be celebrated, but should be limited in line with the gathering numbers released earlier today by the city and county.
A district release also says that homebound visitations have been suspended.