CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Gov. Greg Abbott recently orderedthat all Texas residents who live in nursing homes get tested for COVID-19. Now, leaders in Nueces County have started getting it done.
In a press conference on Monday, City Manager Peter Zanoni announced the fire department was currently conducting coronavirus testing on all residents and staff at Wooldridge Place Nursing Center.
He also announced the following testing dates at local nursing homes.
- May 19- Alameda Oaks Nursing And Rehab Center
- May 20- Retama Manor Nursing Home, Vista Del Mar
- May 21- Robstown Nursing And Rehabilitation Center, Windsor Nursing And Rehab Center- C.c.
- May 22- Focus Care- Corpus Christi, Windsor Nursing And Rehab Center In Calallen
- (break for holiday)
- May 26- C.C. Nursing And Rehab Center, Plaza At Mirador
- May 27- River Ridge Nursing And Rehab
Testing was completed last week at Trinity Towers' Holmgreen Center, Cimarron Place Nursing And Rehabilitation Center, and San Rafael Nursing Home.
On Thursday, the County said three area nursing facilities had been tested. The names of the facilities were not disclosed. Those tests yielded 3 positive cases and 1 probable positive.
Nueces County Judge Barbara Canales says when they are done they will have tested1,000 residents and employees at more than 40 facilities, including 16 local nursing homes, 12 assisted living facilities and 15 long-term living facilities.