CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Nueces County officials reported six new COVID-19 related deaths on Tuesday and also broke the previous local record for most reported cases in a single day.
"Our condolences go out to the families and friends of the deceased residents," said a press release from local officials. "Further information is not being released for privacy and confidentiality reasons."
The six new deaths included five males and a female. The patient's ages were between 60 and 90 years old and their comorbidities included hypertension, anemia and urinary tract infection.
Tuesday's total of 605 new positive cases topped the previous local record of 445 cases reported on July 8.
This leaves the total positive test count at 7,032 with 326 of those people in hospitals, and 83 of those in intensive care.
Local officials continue to echo community health guidelines to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus.
● Stay at home if you are sick.
● Practice social distancing with everyone outside of your immediate household.
● Wear a mask when in public.
● Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
● Disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home and at work.