CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Nueces County reports another triple-digit day of new coronavirus cases.
Saturday's case count for the county rose to 5,956 from yesterday's 5,672 with no new reported recoveries and eight new deaths.
351 of those cases are currently hospitalized due to COVID-19, of which 98 are in the intensive care unit.
Nueces county has become a national COVID-19 hot-spot from a recent wave of new cases that has lasted for weeks.
The county says they have conducted over 24-thousand tests since the beginning of the pandemic.
All Coastal Bend residents are encouraged to practice these basic health strategies:
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Practice social distancing with everyone outside of your immediate household.
- Wear a mask when in public.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home and at work.