CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Nueces county officials have reported a rise in deaths and hospitalizations due to the coronavirus.
As of Saturday, the county reported 321 new positive cases of the virus and 224 hospitalized patients, of which 77 are in intensive care.
Three deaths from COVID-19 were reported for the county Saturday. One was a woman in her 60's, one was a man in his 40's, and one was a woman in her 90's.
"The deaths make a total of 3 in one day and brings the total deaths to 13," said a press release from the city. "The rapid increase in hospitalizations and deaths due to COVID-19 continues to be a major concern for Public Health."
25 individuals have recovered from the virus since yesterday, making the total 418.
21,434 tests have been conducted since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic.
Residents are still reminded to follow these guidelines for public health:
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Wear a face covering in all public areas
- Leave 6 feet or more between you and others (non-family members)
- Wash your hands as often as possible
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid being around people who are sick
- If sick, stay home and self-isolate