SportsNFLDallas Cowboys

Actions

Security guard says he still seeking ‘genuine apology’ from Ezekiel Elliott after Las Vegas altercation

Posted: 4:01 PM, May 29, 2019
Updated: 2019-05-29 17:01:32-04

The security guard who was allegedly knocked down by Ezekiel Elliott at a Las Vegas music festival earlier this month says he is still seeking a genuine apology from the Dallas Cowboys running back.

Kyle Johnson, 19,  told Los Angeles TV station KCBS  that he wasn’t injured in the May 19 incident that led to Elliott being briefly detained. While trying to enter a secure area at the festival, Elliott allegedly used his body to shove Johnson backward and he fell over a security fence.

“I wasn’t hurt or anything, but just to have someone that you looked up to shove you on the ground over a metal fence?” Johnson told KCBS. “It’s not the biggest thing in the world, but really, [to say] nothing happened? I mean, come on.”

The incident was originally reported by TMZ.com and reportedly in the mainstream media last week.

Even without an official arrest, Elliott could face some kind of NFL-imposed discipline if they find out his actions violated the league’s personal conduct policy.

The league investigated Elliott in 2017 over allegations he physically abused an ex-girlfriend. Even though Elliott wasn’t arrested at that time, either, the league believed there was enough evidence present to warrant a 6-game suspension for him.

Elliott has repeatedly maintained he did not attack the accuser in that situation.

Even if he’s proven innocent of the Las Vegas incident, it’s still not a good look for Elliott.

And it might make some wonder if he really learned a lesson after his first NFL suspension.

Dallas owner Jerry Jones has said he doesn’t think Elliott will face any NFL sanctioning in connection with the case.