The city has released its list of weekly road closures across Corpus Christi for next week.
Here’s a list of areas to note:
New – N. OSO Parkway (AEP Contractors)
Beginning Tuesday thru May 17, 2019, weather permitting; contractors will be doing utility work on N. Oso Parkway between Wooldridge Road and Garner Drive. During this period, N. Oso Parkway will be narrowed through the work zone.
New – Airline Road (AEP Contractors)
On Monday and Tuesday, weather permitting; contractors will be performing utility work on northbound Airline Road between Vincent Drive and Beechwood Drive. As this project is ongoing, northbound Airline Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic thru the work area.
New – IH-37 and Chaparral Street (AEP Contractors)
On Monday weather permitting; contractors will be performing utility work on the Chaparral Street median between eastbound and westbound IH-37. During this period, southbound Chaparral Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work zone.
Update – Chaparral Street (Contractors)
Contractors are working on the Bayview Tower’s roof located at 400 Mann St. For the duration of the project, the two parking spaces on the east side (Chaparral Street) of the building will be closed to motorists.
On Tuesday forone day only; weather permitting; Chaparral Street will be closed to thru traffic only between IH-37 and Mann Street. Motorists are asked to follow the detour signs around the work zone.
Holly Road (AEP Contractors)
Contractors are performing utility work along Holly Road, from Toben Drive to Rodd Field Road, and from Rodd Field Road to Ennis Joslin Road. Motorists are advised to follow construction zone signage to guide them through lane shifts or closures within the work zone limits.
5200 Block of Wilkinson Drive (Contractors)
Contractors will be performing utility work at the 5200 Block of Wilkinson Drive near the Tiger Lane intersection. During this period, Wilkinson Drive will be reduced to one lane and a flagger will be onsite to guide motorists through the work zone.
Wooldridge Road (AEP Contractors)
Contractors are doing utility work on Wooldridge Road near the Ennis Joslin Road intersection. Work will not be performed during school zone hours. During this period, Wooldridge Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic and flaggers will be onsite to assist motorists through the work zone limits.
Airline Road – South Padre Island (SPID) to Holly Road (SPMP)
During construction hours, there will be various lane closures along either northbound or southbound Airline Road, between South Padre Island Drive and Holly Road. At the intersection of Williams Drive, the outside lanes along eastbound and westbound Williams Drive will be closed to traffic. Motorists will still be permitted to make right turns onto Airline Road.
Yorktown Boulevard – Everhart Road to Staples Street (E130196, Bond 2014)
At the intersection of Everhart Road, motorists are advised to follow construction zone signage to guide them through the lane shifts and configuration at the intersection.
Bevly Drive – Lansdown Street to Holmes Drive (SPMP)
Bevly Drive, between Lansdown Street and Holmes Drive, will remain closed to through traffic. Only local residential access will be allowed during the street closure.
Gollihar Road – Weber Road to Staples Street (Project E13087, Bond 2014)
Contractors are performing utility work at the intersection of Gollihar Road and Weber Road. Thru traffic, traveling westbound along Gollihar Road from Staples Street, will be prohibited at the Weber Road intersection. Motorists are encouraged to utilize the detour at Carmel Parkway. Local access to businesses and side streets will be provided between Weber Road and Carmel Parkway. Along Weber Road, the following traffic control is implemented:
- Through traffic traveling northbound and southbound along Weber Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction at the Gollihar Road intersection.
- Traffic will shift to the west side of Weber Road through the intersection. The east side of the Weber Road intersection will be closed.
- Low profile barriers are installed within the Gollihar Road/Weber Road intersection prohibiting left turns and through traffic movements.
- Through traffic heading eastbound along Gollihar Road will be restricted to a “right only” movement on to southbound Weber Road.
North Beach Area Road Improvements & Area Beautification (E12127/ E12129, Bond 2012)
Traffic is reduced to one lane along North Shoreline Boulevard from Pearl Avenue to Coastal Avenue. The intersections of Breakwater Avenue and Bridgeport Avenue are each closed at North Shoreline Boulevard. Parking for businesses is available along Surfside Boulevard.
Old Robstown Road – Highway 44 to Leopard Street (E13098, Bond 2014)
Old Robstown Road is reduced to one lane in the southbound direction between Up River Road and Highway 44 (Agnes Street). Motorists at the SH 44 intersection seeking to go northbound along Old Robstown Road, are encouraged to follow the detour signs around the work zone.
Staples Street – Kostoryz Road to Brawner Parkway (E12095, Bond 2012)
Northbound traffic is shifted onto the southbound lanes along Staples Street, between Texan Trail and Brawner Parkway. Traffic is reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work zone.
Laguna Shores Road (E00154, IDIQ)
Contractors are working on utility improvements along Laguna Shores Road between Park Road 22 Road and Knickerbocker Street. Laguna Shores is closed to thru traffic between Park Road 22 Road and Knickerbocker Street.
South Alameda Street (Ayers Street to Louisiana Avenue E12091, Bond 2012)
Various daily lane closures.
Street Preventive Maintenance Program (SPMP) / Residential Street Rebuild Project (RSRP)
The following streets are being repaired as part of the City’s Street Preventative Maintenance Program or Residential Street Rebuild Project programs. Motorists are encouraged to be aware of the ongoing construction at these locations:
- North Carancahua Street – Lipan Street to Coopers Alley.
- Cimarron Boulevard – Saratoga Boulevard to Yorktown
- Doddridge Street – Ocean Drive to Santa Fe Street
- First National Drive – South Padre Island Drive to Compton Road
- Flour Bluff Drive – Glenoak Drive to Purdue Road
- Glasgow Drive – Timbergate Drive to Ridge Stone Drive
- Louisiana Street – Santa Fe Street to Ocean Drive
- Robert Drive – Alameda Street to Junior Terrace
- Rodd Field Road – South Padre Island Drive to McArdle Road
- Acacia Drive – Mueller Street to Interstate Highway 37
- Alameda Street-Rio Vista Drive – Waverly Drive to Alameda Street
- Bevly Drive – Dead End Street to Lansdown Drive
- Bois D Arc Place – Greenwood Drive to Black Jack Place
- Fleet Avenue – Beechcraft Avenue to Ryan Street
- Harriett Drive – Prescott Street to Vestal Street
- Lake Tahoe Drive – Sun Valley Drive to Snowbird Drive
- Lancaster Drive – Leopard Street to Mueller Street
- Moravian Drive – McArdle Road to South Padre Island Drive
- Leigh Drive – Villa Drive to Breckenridge Drive
- O’Hara Drive – McAlpin Drive to West Shea Parkway
- Snowbird Drive – Lake Tahoe Drive to Sun Valley Drive
- Yukon Drive – Jordan Drive to Brazos Drive
- Zaragoza Street – Guatemozin Street to Airport Road
For a map of the Citywide Active Street Improvement Projects, please visit their site.