Three new areas are among the road projects set for work this week across Corpus Christi.
Here’s a list of the road projects the city noted in a recent release:
New – South Alameda Street (Contractor)
On Monday through Feb. 1, weather permitting, contractors will be installing new sidewalks for the new CCISD elementary school near the Sheridan Street intersection. During this time, southbound Alameda Street will continue to be reduced to one lane of traffic.
New – Old Robstown Road (Bond 2014)
Starting last week, the following traffic switch will be implemented: Southbound Old Robstown Road will be switched from the east to the west side, onto the newly paved southbound lane. Traffic will remain southbound as one-lane, one-way traffic.
New – Elizabeth Street (Contractors)
Contractors have extended the work on Elizabeth Street between Third Street and Ocean Drive to Jan. 11. As this project is ongoing, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Eastbound Elizabeth Street traffic will be reduced to one lane from Santa Fe Street to Third Street.
- Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Third Street to the Hospital Parking Garage entrance.
- Westbound Lanes will be shifted onto the eastbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
Staples Street – Kostoryz Road to Brawner Parkway (Bond 2012)
Contractors have switched traffic to the newly constructed pavement on the south side of Staples Street between Carroll Lane and Brawner Parkway.
Laguna Shores Road (IDIQ)
Beginning Nov. 26 and lasting for approximately six weeks; the following traffic control changes will begin on Laguna Shores Road:
- Phase I: Laguna Shores Road will be closed to traffic between Graham Road and Knickerbocker Street. Northbound Laguna Shores Road traffic will be detoured onto westbound Graham Road onto northbound Waldon Road to Knickerbocker Street.
- Phase II: Laguna Shores Road will be closed to traffic between Knickerbocker Street and South Padre Island Drive. Northbound Laguna Shores Road traffic will be detoured onto westbound Knickerbocker Street onto northbound Waldon Road to South Padre Island Drive.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Beginning Nov. 8, the following traffic control changes will begin on Yorktown Boulevard:
- Eastbound Yorktown Boulevard will switch to the newly constructed pavement between Oso Parkway and Everhart Road from the current Oso Parkway detour.
- Eastbound Yorktown Boulevard will be reduced to one thru lane, and one right turn only lane at Thundersee Drive.
- Westbound Yorktown Boulevard, will switch through the Everhart Road intersection on the southside and shift onto the newly constructed pavement on the north side at Thundersee Drive.
- The crossover at Yorktown Boulevard and Thundersee Drive will be closed during this phase of construction.
Brock Drive (RSRP)
Brock Drive is closed to thru traffic between Lambert Drive and Gollihar Road. Gollihar Road and Brock Drive are closed to all traffic.
Bolivar Street (RSRP)
Bolivar Street is closed to thru traffic between Sarita and David streets. At Sarita Street, Bolivar Street will be closed to all traffic. Local residential traffic will be allowed through Niagara Street.
The southbound lanes on Alameda Street from Everhart Road to Sheridan Drive will be closed. There will only be one lane of traffic in each direction on the north side of Alameda Street.
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane one-way traffic will be switched to the opposite direction, from southbound to northbound, between McArdle Road and Gollihar Road. Traffic will also be switched to the newly constructed roadway during this time.
Six Points Area (Alameda and Ayers Bond Projects)
The following traffic control plan is in the Six Points area:
- Alameda Street: Alameda Street, between Louisiana Avenue and Cole Street, is ONE-WAY northbound. Southbound Alameda Street is CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC at the Ayers Street/Staples Street intersection.
- Ayers Street: Traffic Ayers Street traffic is converted to the one-way eastbound lane from Staples Street to Santa Fe Street.
Corona Drive (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented on Corona Drive:
- Eastbound one-way traffic on Corona Drive will shift to the newly constructed pavement on the north side of Corona Drive starting at Flynn Parkway to Embassy Drive.
- The newly constructed Flynn Parkway/Tiger Lane/Corona Drive intersection will be open to all traffic. Corona Drive will remain one-way to eastbound traffic between Flynn Parkway and Everhart Road.
For a map of the Citywide Active Street Improvement Projects, please visit this link .