CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department will sponsor the “Lunch’s On Us!” Summer 2018 Food Service Program from now through August 3. This program is provided FREE of charge for all youth ages 1-18. Lunch and afternoon snacks will be provided at 21 sites throughout the city. Lunch will be served Monday – Friday, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. and an afternoon snack from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. All sites will be closed Wednesday, July 4.
According to a press release the hot lunches are designed to help children not only develop healthy bodies, but also enhance their academic performance and quality of life.
No qualifications or proof of income are needed. Registration for the summer recreation programs is not required for participation in this program.
For more information and list of sites, call the Summer Food Hotline at (361) 826-3467 or visit www.ccparkandrec.com (Recreation Centers).
Below is the list of participating sites:
- Ben F. McDonald Public Library 4044 Greenwood Dr., 78416
- Calvary 1st Baptist Church 2906 Carver Dr., 78405
- Casa De Manana 4702 Old Brownsville Rd., 78405
- Del Mar College 101 Baldwin Blvd., 78404
- Holly Park Apartments 3338 Holly Rd., 78415
- Joe Garza Recreation Center 3204 Highland Ave., 78405
- La Armada (Housing Authority) 1455 Southgate Dr., 78415
- La Retama Central Library 805 Comanche St., 78401
- Lantana Square 5802 Academy Dr., 78407
- Lexington Manor 5201 Kostoryz Rd., 78415
- Lindale Recreation Center 3133 Swantner St., 78404
- Lulac Village Park Apartments 1417 Horne Rd., 78416
- Lulac West Park 10702 IH-37, 78410
- Molina Neighborhood Center 614 Horne Rd., 78416
- Northwest Senior Center 9725 Up River Rd., 78410
- Oak Park Recreation Center 842 Erwin Ave., 78408
- Oso Recreation Center 1111 Bernice Dr., 78412
- Oveal Williams Senior Center 1414 Martin Luther King Dr., 78401
- Owen R. Hopkins Public Library 3202 McKinzie Rd., 78410
- The Palms at Leopard 2725 Leopard St., 78408
- YWCA 4601 Corona Dr., 78411
(List of sites may be subject to change.)