Voting is underway in the 2018 primary runoff election for the District 27 Congressional seat.
Voting locations will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Local voters have many choices on locations and do not have to vote in their precinct if voting early.
Curbside voting will be available at all locations for those with disabilities.
KRIS 6 News recently profiled the candidates participating in the runoff for the District 27 Congressional seat.
Watch those profiles here:
ID is required for Texas Voters and they include the following:
• Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
• Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
• Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
• Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
• United States Military Identification Card containing your photograph
• United States Citizenship Certificate containing your photograph
• United States Passport (book or card)
If you do not possess and cannot reasonably obtain one of these IDs then fill out a declaration at the polls describing a reasonable impediment to obtaining it, and show a copy or original of one of the following supporting forms of ID:
A government document that shows your name and an address, including your voter registration certificate;
Current utility bill;
(a) A certified domestic (from a U.S. state or territory) birth certificate or (b) a document confirming birth admissible in a court of law which establishes your identity (which may include a foreign birth document).
For more information regarding the 2018 Primary Runoff Election visit the Nueces County website at http://www.nuecesco.com/county-services/county-clerk/elections-department , call the Elections Department at 361-888-0865.