In the wake of the news announced by the Corpus Christi Police Department of the arrest of a man accused of asking minors for sexual images, police urge parents to talk to their children about the dangers of social media and communicating over the internet.
Police released the following information on ccpdblotter.com after the announced the arrest of a man who had two warrants for online solicitation of a minor and production of child pornography.
- Create and set clear rules for your child and enforce those rules.
- Know about privacy settings and ensure that your child uses them.
- Speak to your child about the danger of befriending those that they do not know.
- Contact law enforcement if the child reports being solicited, threatened, stalked, or if a person requests to meet the child in person.
- Ensure that the child does not give out any personal information about themselves, whether it be identifying information or personality traits.