In the wake of the news announced by the Corpus Christi Police Department of the arrest of a man accused of asking minors for sexual images, police urge parents to talk to their children about the dangers of social media and communicating over the internet.
CCPD: Man arrested for soliciting and producing child pornography
Police released the following information on ccpdblotter.com after the announced the arrest of a man who had two warrants for online solicitation of a minor and production of child pornography.
- Create and set clear rules for your child and enforce those rules.
- Know about privacy settings and ensure that your child uses them.
- Speak to your child about the danger of befriending those that they do not know.
- Contact law enforcement if the child reports being solicited, threatened, stalked, or if a person requests to meet the child in person.
- Ensure that the child does not give out any personal information about themselves, whether it be identifying information or personality traits.