A software upgrade at the city of Corpus Christi’s Utility Business Office is complete, and the city says they are ready to get back to normal billing operations.
Last December, the City underwent a software transition to streamline the utility billing process to improve resident’s payment experience.
According to the city, customers have until Friday, May 4, to pay any outstanding utility bills without penalty.
The city says beginning Monday, May 7, the Utility Billing Office will begin normal billing operations, including applying late fees and utility disconnections for non-payment. Representatives are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to assist with payment plans at City Hall, 1201 Leopard Street.
- Utility bill payments can be made using any of the following methods:
- At H-E-B Store locations in Corpus Christi
- By Mail – using the provided envelope with return stub, send to: City of Corpus Christi, PO Box 659880, San Antonio, Texas 78265-9143
- Online bill pay service available via your bank or credit union
- Interactive phone payment system (361) 885-0751
- In person at City Hall, 1201 Leopard Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (1st floor)
- Through the city’s Online Payment Portal: https://ccpay.cctexas.com/IPSUB/PortalAccount/Login
The city says residents should be sure to have their new account number (found on December statement) to register and pay utility bills.
For information regarding utility bills, residents can contact the city’s Customer Call Center at (361) 826-CITY (2489) or by email at UBOResolutions@cctexas.com.