CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — As part of its mission of “Empowering Women,” the YWCA of Corpus Christi will once again recognize a group of women who are making a significant impact in their career field.
The 40th annual ‘Y Women In Careers’ Awards Banquet will be held Thursday, March 5 at 6 p.m. at the Congressman Solomon P Ortiz International Center (402 Harbor Drive).
To this point, the YWCA has honored 291 exceptional women in the Coastal Bend through this award. Adding to the list this year are:
- Gracie G. Flores, Pension Plan Administrator, Corpus Christi Firefighters’ Retirement System;
- Sally Munroe Gill, Vice President & Co-Owner, Gill Garden Center & Landscape Nursery;
- Diana K. Ivy, Ph.D., Professor of Communication, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi;
- Gracie Garcia Martin, President/CEO, Ensemble Group;
- Lynette Chastain Navar, Nursing Director, Mission of Mercy Medical Center;
- Melody Nixon-Bice, General Manager, ZJZ Hospitality/Embassy Suites by Hilton;
- Constance P. Sanchez, CPA, Chief Financial Officer, City of Corpus Christi; and
- Dana L. Sisk, CPA, Executive Vice President, Navy Army Community Credit Union.
“These honorees play crucial roles in our community, and ‘Y Women in Careers’ is a vital way to show young girls what women can accomplish, helping them to set goals for their own lives,” said YWCA President/CEO Nancy Wesson-Dodd.
Seats for the event are $85 ($100 after Feb. 20). Reservations and table sponsorships are available at www.ywcacc.org or by calling (361) 857-5661 ext. 102.
There is also a need for sponsors to make it possible for YWTeens to attend the banquet.
For additional information, email email@example.com.