CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Santa's arrival at La Palmera Mall is just around the corner.
Amanda Sanchez, the assistant general manager at La Palmera Mall, describes the surest sign that Christmas is coming with Sonya Hill during an interview this afternoon at the mall.
Santa’s arrival will be at 4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 9. The Magical Illuminated Parade will follow at 7 p.m.
It will be the first time that Santa's arrival will be on a weekend.
Among the events that will be held during the evening include:
- Arts and crafts
- Face painting
- Prize giveaways
- Special appearances and performances by costumed characters
- Local dance and musical groups appearing on The Holiday Stage, presented by HEB, with locations near JCPenney, in Center Court and the food court
- Photos with Santa (he’ll be available this year before and after the parade)
The Parade, presented by Apollo Towing, will kick off at 7 p.m. Items to note include:
- Guests may bring lawn chairs and get a good spot—plenty of areas for good viewing along the front of the mall
- Starts on the west side of Dillard’s making its way around the front of the mall and ending on the east side of JCPenney
- We’ll have prize giveaways and entertainers along the parade route beginning around 6:30 to perform and interact with guests as we wait for the parade
- Parade includes musical performers, community organizations and clubs, local businesses, school groups and Santa as the grand finale
Once the parade concludes, Santa will head back to Center Court to begin meeting boys and girls and posing for annual holiday photos, presented by Apollo Towing, until 9 p.m. He will be there every day through December 24 during mall hours.
Guests are encouraged to post their photos from La Palmera’s holiday party, including the parade, for a chance to win a $50 La Palmera Gift Card. Use the tag #myLaPalmera on Facebook or Instagram.
The winner will be announced by social media on the following day.
For more information about this big event, check out the mall's website