CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — If it's the weekend, you know there's a boatload of fun things to do across the Coastal Bend.
Here's a six-pack of entertaining ideas that caught our eye:
- Shiver me bones: The Special Olympics of Texas will sponsor the annual Polar Plunge, staged by the Law Enforcement Torch Run. Registration will begin at 7:30 a.m. Saturday with opening ceremonies at 8:45 a.m. and the plunge at 9 a.m. at Waters Edge Park, 602 S. Shoreline. For more information, check out their website.
- Indulge your sweet tooth: The Nicholas Philoptochos Society will conduct its 2019 holiday bake sale until 5 p.m. today and from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church hall, 502 S. Chaparral.
- "God Bless George Bailey:" The Narada Radio Company will present a radio enactment of the timeless Christmas classic “It’s A Wonderful Life.” The presentation will be at 7:30 p.m. tonight and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at the Rialto Theater, 327. Commercial St., in Aransas Pass. Tickets are $20. More information can be obtained by calling 361-758-0383 or at their website.
- Check out Mr. Bill’s Wonderland: Ready to rediscover the joys of Christmas, or maybe make some new memories for youngsters at Bill Cox's delightful decorated home, 3242 Hampton Drive. It's been lit for the holidays for more than two decades and will continue to be featured through the end of the holidays.
- Explore the annual Christmas Tree Forest: The Art Museum of South Texas, the Junior League of Corpus Christi and H-E-B will again sponsor a collection of trees that will be showcased at the Art Museum, 1902 N. Shoreline Blvd. It will be shown from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. tonight and Saturday and 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $8 for adults, $6 for seniors and military, $4 for students with a valid ID and free for children 12 and under and Art Museum of South Texas and A&M-Corpus Christi students with a valid ID. For more information, contact 361-825-3500 or visit their website here.
- Rejoice for the holidays: National Gospel recording artist Chester D.T. Baldwin will be performing along with other singers, dancers, instrumentalists and actors at “A Christmas Wish,” a free concert at 6:53 p.m. Sunday at St. John Baptist Church, 6602 S. Staples St. For more information, check out the church’s website here.