After missing a year – largely because of Hurricane Harvey – the Youth Development Foundation of Port Aransas is pleased to bring back the Meet the Chefs Food & Wine Extravaganza.
This year’s event will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 26 at the Port Aransas Civic Center (701 Avenue A) from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Six of the top chefs from Port A restaurants will be presenting gourmet heavy hors d’oeuvres, along with appropriately selected wines. Proceeds from the event benefit the Youth Development Foundation, a group whose mission is to afford educational and activity programs to the children both in Port Aransas and around the Coastal Bend.
This year’s participating restaurants include:
- Lisabella’s Bistro, Chef Kris Amundsen & Chef Spencer Cox
- La Barataria Restaurant, Chef Lezlie Keebler
- The Black Marlin Restaurant, Chef Gail Huesmann
- La Playa Mexican Grill, Chef Greg Villasan0
- Castaways Seafood & Grill, Chef Stephen Byington
- Billy Joe’s Craft House, Chef Billy Joe Wilson
The cost is $45 per person and the event is limited to the first 200 people who purchase tickets.
Tickets may be obtained at either American Bank or Value Bank, both on Alister Street in Port Aransas.