Recognition is an important acknowledgement of professional success. To that end, the Corpus Christi YWCA is ready to once again recognize women who are making a significant impact in their career field.
The 39th annual Y Women In Careers Awards Banquet will be held Thursday, March 7 at 6 p.m. at the Congressman Solomon P Ortiz International Center (402 Harbor Drive).
To this point, the YWCA has honored 283 exceptional women in the Coastal Bend through this award. Adding to the list this year are:
- Starr Flores, Director, Texas A&M Coastal Bend Health Education Center;
- Bunny D. Forgione, Ph.D., Executive Associate Dean, College of Nursing & Health Sciences, TAMU-Corpus Christi;
- Sarah Garza, Director, Environmental Planning, Port of Corpus Christi Authority;
- Trina C. Martinez, Vice President & General Manager Corpus Christi Refinery, CITGO Petroleum;
- Marita Rafael, M.D., Physician, Driscoll Children’s Hospital;
- Connie G. Rivera, Project Architect, WKMC Architects, Inc.; and
- Liza Wisner, Learning & Organizational Development Manager, City of Corpus Christi.
“Recognizing these deserving women is a special privilege for YWCA, as well as fulfilling our mission of ‘Empowering Women,'” said YWCA President/CEO Nancy Wesson-Dodd. “These honorees play crucial roles in our community, and Y Women in Careers is a vital way to show young girls what women can accomplish, helping them to set goals for their own lives.”
Seats for the event are $85 ($100 after Feb. 21). Reservations and table sponsorships are available at www.ywcacc.org . There is also a need for sponrships to make it possible for YWTeens to attend the banquet.
For additional information, call (361) 857-5661 ext. 102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
As one of YWCA’s major fundraisers, Y Women In Careers offers invaluable support for YWCA programs and communicates the essential role YWCA plays in our community.