The holiday spirit has taken over the South Texas Botanical Gardens & Nature Center (8545 S. Staples Street) and will be on display this weekend.
“Holly-Days at the Gardens” will be celebrated Saturday and Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. In addition to a lighted 20-foot Fraser Fir, there will be photo sessions with Santa and animals, storytelling and crafts for kids, and holiday music playing throughout the Gardens. There will even be a food truck on site for lunch!
- Storytelling: “The Night Before Christmas in Texas” and “Legend of the Poinsettia” (10 a.m. and 3 p.m.)
- Pictures with Santa and Parrots (10:30-11:30 a.m., 12:30-1:30 p.m.)
- Pictures with Santa and Reptiles (3:30-4:30 p.m.)
- Parrot Talk Show (1:30-2:30 p.m.)
- Kids Seed Balls & Holiday Craft (10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- Kids “Loose Parts” Program – Natural Materials Block Building (2-4 p.m.)
For additional information, call (361) 852-2100 or visit www.stxbot.org .