NewsLocal News

Actions

Church's chicken kitchen fire causes closure

Posted at 5:27 PM, Dec 28, 2019
and last updated 2019-12-28 19:09:27-05

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A local Church's chicken had to close down due to a kitchen fire.

The fire started above a fryer in a hood vent, Saturday, Dec. 28. around 4 p.m., at 2901 Ayers St, Corpus Christi, TX 78404.

Corpus Christi Battalion Chief Jim DeVisser said employees were quick to activate the ANSUL system and evacuate the building before anyone was harmed. The ANSUL system is a safety precaution used by professional kitchens around the world.

The Health Department has been called to assess the situation and determine when the establishment will re-open.