Actions

Barbecue pit causes house fire on Markins Drive

Posted at 11:01 PM, Mar 08, 2020
and last updated 2020-03-09 00:03:21-04

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A barbecue pit is to blame for a house fire on the South side of town.

Firefighters were called to the 4100 blocks of Markins drive near Weber and Staples just before 6 p.m. Sunday.

A lit barbecue pit was too close to the house, and gusts of wind fanned flames onto the garage.

Quick work by firefighters kept the flames from spreading past the garage. But parts of the home did suffer smoke and water damage.

No reported injuries.