CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Rockport Cultural Arts District and the Rockport Little Theatre are hosting the Harvey Encore Block Party from 8 a.m.-10 p.m. on Saturday in the cultural arts district on S. Austin Street.
The festivities begin at 8 a.m. with a free 5K fun run and 1.5-mile walk, and continue into the afternoon and evening with a beer tent, food trucks, live music and a kids' alley.
"We're excited to host this event again," said event chairwoman Monica Clark. "It shows how far our community has come since Hurricane Harvey."
You can find more information about the fun run/walk here.
Other celebratory events will be happening in Rockport and Fulton, as well:
▪ Friday: Saltgrass Landing Apartments groundbreaking ceremony, 162 S. Church St. 11-11:45 a.m.
▪ Saturday: First Responders' Breakfast, St. Peter's Episcopal Church, 555 Enterprise Blvd. 7:30-10:30 a.m.
▪ Saturday: Camp Aranzazu Camp Care Day -- Volunteers are invited to help with light maintenance and landscaping projects. 8 a.m.
▪ Saturday: Fulton Pier groundbreaking ceremony, 10:30 a.m.
▪ Saturday: new Hands of Hope building open house and dedication, First Baptist Church, 1515 N Live Oak St. 11 a.m.
▪ Sunday: Harvey Anniversary Tree-Planting Ceremony, 1601 FM 2165 (Pearl St.) 10 a.m.
▪ Monday: Hurricane Harvey agency update -- FEMA, the Texas Department of Emergency Management, the General Land Office and other community leaders will provide updates as to recovery efforts since Hurricane Harvey hit. Public Saftey Center, 714 E. Concho.