CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Corpus Christi Rehabilitation Hospital will be presenting ‘A Step in the Right Direction: Fall Injury Prevention Conference’ this Wednesday at the Mirador Retirement Community (5857 Timbergate Drive).
Two sessions will be offered, the first designed for Health Care Professions (with CEM and CEU credits available):
- 6:45-7:45 a.m.: Vendor Booths Open
- 7:50-8:00 a.m.: Introduction
- 8:15-10:15 a.m.: Fall Injury Prevention
- 10:15-10:45 a.m.: Break/Booths Open
- 10:45-12:00 p.m.: Fall Injury Prevention
The speaker, Dr. Patricia Quigley, Ph.D., MPH, APRN, CRRN, FAAN, FAANP, Nurse Consultant, is a retired Associate Director of the VISN 8 Patient Safety Research Center of Inquiry and is both a Clinical Nurse Specialist and a Nurse Practitioner in Rehabilitation. Her contributions to patient safety, nursing, and rehabilitation are evident at a national level, with emphasis on clinical practice innovations designed to promote elders’ independence and safety. For more than 40 years, Quigley has practiced in the field of rehabilitation nursing, including more than 32 years with the Veterans Administration. She serves as a patient safety expert for fall and injury reduction.
The second session will be open to the community:
- 12:00-1:10 p.m.: Vendor Booths Open
- 1:15-1:20 p.m.: Introduction
- 1:20-3:00 p.m.: Fall Injury Prevention
- 3:00-3:30 p.m.: Break/Booths Open
- 3:30-4:00 p.m.: Tai Chi & Fall Prevention
- 4:00-5:00 p.m.: Home Medication Safety
In addition to Dr. Quigley, John Castillo will be on hand as a presenter for this session. He has practiced martial arts throughout his life. He became an instructor in August 2012. His expertise includes teaching traditional karate, along with Tai Chi.
For more information, contact Bettina Piotrowski at (361) 816-5799 or BettinaPiotrowski@ernesthealth.com.
You may also visit https://ccrh.ernesthealth.com.