NewsTexas News

Actions

Eighteen people hospitalized following gas leak

Posted: 12:41 PM, Aug 25, 2019
Updated: 2019-08-25 13:42:59-04
Gas leak at an apartment complex near Houston. (KPRC)

HOUSTON, TEXAS — Eighteen people, including seven children, were sickened after a carbon monoxide leak at a Houston apartment complex.

The leak was reported early Saturday morning at this apartment complex.

Officials say the leak was caused by a vehicle that was left running inside a garage Friday night.

They are not sure whether the car was left running by accident or on purpose.

The carbon monoxide has since been cleared and residents have been allowed back inside.