NewsLocal News

Actions

One man injured in house gas fire

KRIS_Full_Width_Image.png
Posted at 7:44 AM, Dec 18, 2019
and last updated 2019-12-18 09:22:30-05

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Five people have been evacuated from a Corpus Christi home due to a fire early Wednesday morning.

The fire happened sometime around 6 a.m. near the 4300 block of Shaw Street.

The Corpus Christi Fire Department says it was a situation with a gas line that caused an explosion.

One man was taken to the hospital with second-degree burns to his hand.

Officials say he suffered those injuries because he was trying to help put out the fire.

The flames have been extinguished, but crews are still monitoring the area.