Fifteen families are displaced because of an apartment fire that happened on the south side on Monday.
According to the Red Cross, 10 of the families were assisted by the building's management and the other five families were able to find housing on their own.
Captain Mark Lewis with the Corpus Christi Fire Department says that the fire broke out on Monday at the Summit apartments on 1:56 p.m. crews arrived at 2 p.m. and had the fire put out at 2:43 p.m.
The Red Cross is continuing to assist the victims with financial resources, additional housing, and other immediate needs.
The cause of the fire was determined to be discarded cigarettes on a downstairs apartment patio.
No injuries have been reported at this time.