The Buc Days Night Parade has been a tradition since 1938. According to the Buccaneer Commission, the parade annually draws thousands of street spectators. There will be plenty of sights and sounds as local high school marching bands, various floats from various organizations, and loads of people from our community come together for one purpose: to have a blast!
The 82nd annual Navy Army Night Parade will be on Saturday night around 7. The parade route is different this year due to Harbor Bridge construction. Parade participants will start at the American Bank Center, then turn west onto Schatzell Street. Next, it goes up the bluff and continues west on Leopard Street to North Staples Street. One more turn will be taken at North Staples Street heading south on North Staples Street and ending at Buford Street.
All parking within the parade route along emergency lanes, detour routes, and other special areas will be prohibited.
Signage for parking restrictions should be up Friday and enforcement of these restrictions will begin at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Of course, there are a few rules for Parade watchers to keep in mind.
- Parade viewing spots on Chaparral Street are available on a first come, first serve basis beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday. No marking of these spots is allowed.
- Parade viewing spots from Schatzell Street to Buford Street may mark their spots in chalk only. There will be limited spots on Schatzell as some areas will be closed off for spectator safety. People are not permitted to camp along the route before 5:00 p.m. on Friday.
- Spectators are not allowed to use spray paint to mark their spots along the parade route, residents should use chalk.
- Dogs are allowed but must be on a leash.
- Keep an eye on your children and should you lose your child be sure to contact the nearest officers as soon as possible. Tell your children to find an officer if they get lost so that you can be reunited.
- Citizens can rent portable toilets and place them on City property along the parade route if the toilets do not block the sidewalk, public right of way, or other’s access to the parade route.
- No “poppers” or other noisemakers, silly string, or laser lights are allowed along the parade route.
- Spectators are asked to bag their trash before leaving and remove any items brought to the parade route (e.g. barbeque pits, chairs, coolers)
*Consumption of alcohol is only allowed on Saturday from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. during the parade, along the parade route. Police ask spectators to please drink responsibly so the parade is enjoyable for everyone. Officers will keep an eye out for incidents of public intoxication, including people who are drunk and disorderly.
Can’t make it downtown to watch the Buc Days Navy Army Night Parade on Saturday night? No worries. The parade also will be streamed live on KRISTV.com. We’ll have all the excitement and pageantry for you on KRIS 6. We will be there for the start of the festivities at 7 p.m. and continue until it finishes up at 10 p.m. Join all of your favorite KRIS-TV personalities as they watch the parade.
Live broadcast sponsors will include NavyArmy Community Credit Union; Wilcox Furniture, Mattresses and Appliances; Bishop RVC Center; NEC Co-op Energy and Cantwell Mattress Co.