3.4 million dollars will be used for the Residential Street Rebuild Project and construction will focus on neighborhoods in districts 1, 4, and 5.
This funding was part of the 2018 fiscal budget and was approved by the City of Corpus Christi City Council.
The Residental Rebuild Project will hopefully reduce many problems in affected areas whose streets sit in poor condition.
“Its caused problems with the sidewalks the sidewalks are terrible here we have a three-year-old and she can’t ride her bike because the sidewalks are too bad,” Topeka Street resident Rudy Elizondo.
The project meeting will take place at city hall. The public meeting will provide more information to members of the community with city plans.
Hopefully, these upgrades will have homeowners in these affect areas stay and not to move away.
The City of Corpus Christi says these following streets are anticipated to be part of this project:
- Woodway Creek Drive – from Violet Road to Willowood Creek Drive
- Pernitas Creek Drive – from Caliche Creek to Saspamco Creek Drive
- Turkey Creek Drive – from Pernitas Creek Drive to east of Rippling Creek Drive
- Harry Street – from Monette Drive to Lansdown Drive
- Topeka Street – from Sinclair Street to Brawner Parkway Ditch
- Fox Run Drive – from Hunt Drive to Opengate Drive
- Opengate Drive – from Timbergate Drive to Fox Run Drive
For more information, you can visit the City of Corpus Christi’s website .