CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Two people are being treated for injuries they suffered in two separate house fires this morning.
One of those fires happened around 8:30 a.m. on Jessica Drive on the south side.
When fire crews arrived, they could see flames coming from the house.
One resident was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
The fire was confined to the first floor and was quickly extinguished.
There’s no word on how the fire started.
The other fire happened on the city’s west side around 6 a.m.
A leaking gas line is believed to have started that house fire on Shaw Street that sent one person to the hospital with burns.
Residents say they heard a loud pop from underneath their home. They discovered a fire had started in the area where they heard the sound.
One man burned his hands when he tried to put out the fire.
Some nearby neighbors say they also heard a loud noise.
“I was going to work and made the turn and that's when I heard the sound, the big loud noise, the boom,” local resident Laura Carpentier said. “The car shook a little.
Everyone was able to get out of the home safely except for the man with burn injuries.
He was taken to the hospital.
Most of the home damage was confident on the outside.