News

Actions

Barbecue pit to blame for blaze at southside home

Posted at 6:59 AM, Mar 09, 2020
and last updated 2020-03-09 07:59:17-04

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A barbecue pit is to blame for a house fire on the southside of Corpus Christi.

Firefighters were called to the 4100 block of Markins Drive near Weber and Staples on Sunday.

A lit barbecue pit was too close to the house, and gusts of wind fanned flames onto the garage.

Firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading beyond that,

but parts of the home did end up with smoke and water damage.

No one was hurt.