From the Lighting of the “I” to the block party, Homecoming Week is a special time for Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi alumni, faculty, staff, and especially students.
The theme for this year’s event is “Shakas Up!”
Alumni, students, families and friends are invited to Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Homecoming, a special time of year where they come together to honor and celebrate the University’s past, present, and future.
Homecoming 2019 is set to take place Feb. 4-9.Homecoming Week offers a myriad of opportunities for alumni, students and friends of the university to experience the unique culture of the Island University.
Activities began Monday with the annual Student vs. Faculty/Staff Basketball Game, and the prom-themed Islanderino casino event, followed by the “Can”struction and “Bluesday Tuesday.”
A weekly tradition at the Island University, Bluesday Tuesday is now open to the public to show its Islander spirit every Tuesday.
The week will culminate Saturday at American Bank Center with the Islanders Women’s Basketball game at 3 p.m. and the Islanders Men’s Basketball game at 7 p.m. when they host the University of the Incarnate Word, which includes the announcement of the Homecoming Court.
Here’s a list of additional Homecoming activities:
* Wednesday, Feb. 6: Islander Men’s Basketball vs. Southeastern Louisiana, Dugan Wellness Center, 7 p.m.
* Thursday, Feb. 7: “The Power of People” featuring Liza Wisner ’04 ’07, University Center Anchor Ballroom, 1 p.m.
* Friday, Feb. 8: Peace Pole Dedication, Anchor Plaza, noon
* Friday, Feb. 8: Lighting of the “I”, East Lawn and Anchor Plaza, 6:30 p.m.
* Saturday, Feb. 9: Homecoming Block Party, American Bank Center, 4 p.m.
For more homecoming information visit: https://islanderhoco.com/schedule/